We are TwoLuLa! Welcome to our journey of creative discovery!




Tuesday, March 5, 2013

Crocheted Mittens!

Luther and I enjoying one of our many walks.

Wherever have I been? It has been sooo long since I have posted on TwoLuLa!  I can't even clearly say what has taken over my time….I guess just life in general! But more on that in my next post.

I wanted to share the mittens I just completed for my daughter Olivia.  This is my second attempt at crocheted mittens.  The first pair was for my daughter Eva. Carol was over for tea and crochet one day, many moons ago, and she was making hand warmers for her daughter Emily.  I was intrigued by them, so she taught me how to make them.  Once I got started I decided to turn them into mittens.  This was a  trial-and-error procedure for me, having never made mittens before. I will have to borrow them back from Eva to photograph.






For Oliva's mittens (done in red to match her college colors - Go Rutgers!) I decided to follow a pattern.     After some internet browsing i came upon this Basic Crocheted Mittens pattern at p2designs.com.  I altered the pattern a bit to fit the hand size I wanted and the yarn/hook I was using.



               


                                                           I am not sure if I finished the hand and thumb openings quite right, but Olivia seems pleased with them.  She took them back to school with her and will hopefully get some use out of them before the weather turns warm.  I regret that I only have lousy photos to share!             Cynthia


1 comment:

  1. Hola lindos mitones y muy fáciles de hacer pero sobre todo abrigados, muy lindo blog buenos trabajos besos.

    ReplyDelete